The chakra system originated in India between 1500 and 500 BC in the oldest text called the Vedas. Evidence of chakras, spelled cakra, is also found in the Shri Jabala Darshana Upanishad, the Cudamini Upanishad, the Yoga-Shikka Upanishad and the Shandilya Upanishad.
The Sanskrit word Chakra literally translates to wheel or disk. In yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels of energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine through to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a flowing wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible healing energy, called Prana, is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
Using various Chakra balancing and meditation techniques, in conjunction with Chakra Stones or other Chakra Supports helps to provide great healing energy to your body and offer amazing benefits when unblocked such as:
-Melt away stress
-Uplift your soul
-Have more energy throughout your day
-Clear your head
The different Chakras are associated with different body parts and colors to best represent it's energy flow.
- Root (1st) — Base of the spine; red; governs survival instincts, grounding.
- Sacral (2nd) — Lower abdomen; orange; governs sexuality, intuition, self-worth/-esteem.
- Solar Plexus (3rd) — Upper abdomen; yellow; governs impulse control, ego.
- Heart (4th) — Center of the chest; green; governs compassion, spirituality.
- Throat (5th) — Throat; blue; governs communication, emotion.
- Third Eye (6th) — Between the eyes; purple; governs rationality, wisdom, imagination.
- Crown (7th) — Top of the head; indigo; governs connection with the Divine.